Sony RAW with ACES

I have a material recordes up on Sony F55 RAW and we are using ACES by determination of the post house.

But when done the IDT (Sony RAW) and ODT (Rec709) everything comes very contrasted and the blues always very saturated. Does anyone know the reasons for this or what to do?

The web has a very limited material on this subject.

Sony RAW (like most raw formats) can be decoded direct to ACES. You should be able to select “No Input Transform” and just make sure “ACES Linear” is selected in the Raw parameters tab.

1 Like

Hi NIck,

I’m in the same boat as Marcelo was. Resolve 16.2.7. You can see my settings in the screenshots. In the last screenshot where I made a curve to make the footage “loggy;” all the information is there.

We’re trying to grade our feature film based on the Netflix specs. All the raw footage is doing the same thing: a very contrasty look. We have Red Epic R3D’s, Phantom HD Gold .cine’s and F5 Raw mxf’s. The raw file color space and gamma are greyed out for all three file types when Aces CCT is selected in color management.

What should we try next?

Bryan

!

1 Like

Hi Bryan,

it seems you forgot to set the a ODT based on the display device you want to use.

Daniel